MISSION & VALUES
Forsyth School is a leading independent, co-educational elementary school for children age 3 through Grade 6. Located next door to Washington University and across the street from Forest Park in the Wydown-Forsyth Historic District, Forsyth provides an unforgettable experience on a one-of-a-kind campus with classrooms in six re-purposed, historic homes. The challenging and engaging curriculum fosters independence and prepares students to thrive in secondary school and beyond.
To provide children with a supportive atmosphere and opportunities for success in order that they may develop self-confidence and a love of learning
Forsyth School's values are explicitly stated in the School's Honor Code, which is posted in every building on campus; recited at the beginning of each all-school assembly and performance; and emphasized throughout Forsyth's curriculum and culture.
Forsyth Honor Code:
As a member of the Forsyth community, I will always be honest, kind, respectful, responsible, fair, and practice good sportsmanship. I will do my part to make Forsyth a special place.
Merriam-Webster defines the values included in Forsyth's Honor Code as follows:
- Honest (adjective): free from fraud or deception; genuine, real; marked by integrity
- Kind (adjective): of a sympathetic or helpful nature; of a forbearing nature; arising from or characterized by sympathy or forbearance
- Respect (noun): high or special regard; the quality or state of being esteemed
- Responsible (adjective): able to answer for one's conduct and obligations; able to choose for oneself between right and wrong
- Fair (adjective): marked by impartiality and honesty; free from self-interest, prejudice, or favoritism
- Sportsmanship (noun): conduct becoming to one participating in a sport, including graciousness in winning or losing
Forsyth Essential Agreements:
We put what is best for students first!
- We behave ethically and model our Honor Code values with our students, families, and each other: honesty, kindness, respect, responsibility, fairness, and good sportsmanship.
- We practice honest, direct, confidential, open-minded conversation and assume good intentions.
- We model optimism, enthusiasm, and a growth mindset.
- We live Forsyth’s Mission.