Forsyth School provides an unforgettable experience for children age 2 through Grade 6. Located in the Wydown-Forsyth Historic District, Forsyth's one-of-a-kind campus is comprised of six historic homes; walkable resources include Forest Park and Washington University. The challenging and engaging curriculum promotes age-appropriate independence and prepares students to thrive in secondary school and beyond.
Forsyth School fosters a spirit of curiosity and joy, empowering children to pursue challenges with confidence.
At Forsyth, our talented and caring faculty encourage students to explore and question, enabling them to learn deeply. Each child's unique identity is known, celebrated, and nurtured by our supportive community. The results are profound: children take risks, pursue challenges, and find joy in learning. The "Forsyth experience" is enriched by the school's unique campus, location, and commitment to the natural world.
As a member of the Forsyth School community, I will always be honest, kind, respectful, responsible, fair, and practice good sportsmanship. I will do my part to make Forsyth a special place.
Forsyth's community values are the essential beliefs that describe our culture and characterize what we uphold:
- We create an environment that encourages children to develop the confidence, courage, and resilience to persevere and embrace challenges in a continually evolving world.
- We celebrate each individual’s unique identity and ensure a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community to which all belong.
- We practice kindness and compassion in our interactions with each other, our community, and the natural world.
- We believe curiosity is the foundation for inquiry, innovation, and creativity. We encourage questioning in our search for knowledge, understanding, and excellence.
At Forsyth, we put what is best for students first.
- We behave ethically and model our Honor Code values with our students, families, and each other: honesty, kindness, respect, responsibility, fairness, and good sportsmanship.
- We practice honest, direct, confidential, open-minded conversation and assume good intentions.
- We model optimism, enthusiasm, and a growth mindset.
- We live Forsyth’s mission.