CULTURE OF CHALLENGE
Forsyth is a place where “personal best” counts! The challenging and engaging curriculum is supported by our talented faculty, committed administration, and caring families. Students learn how to accept and face challenges, set goals for themselves, reflect on their experiences and accomplishments, and support their fellow students.
Developmentally appropriate challenges—memory mapping, African dance, arthropod studies, Shakespeare performances, electrical engineering, and more—encourage students to try new things. In the Adventure Center, the high ropes course and climbing wall challenge kids to stretch beyond their comfort zones and set lofty goals for themselves—literally and figuratively! The high beam is a special graduation capstone experience reserved for Grade 6 students.
Nine specialist subject areas are an exciting part of everyday life at Forsyth:
- Art, Drama, & Music: Eyas–Grade 6
- Library: Eyas–Grade 6
- Science: Eyas–Grade 6
- Spanish: Eyas–Grade 6
- Physical Education: Junior-K–Grade 6
- Innovation & Design: Senior-K–Grade 6
- Sustainability: Grades 3–6
Memory mapping is just one example of Forsyth's culture of challenge across the grade-level continuum. In Grade 3, students receive an introduction to mapping using the Forsyth School campus. In Grade 4, students map the United States from memory. In Grade 5, they map North and South America. Finally, in Grade 6, the students map the entire world from memory. Each world map is individualized based on the student’s interests and goals. With a culture of challenge, our students gain the skills to successfully manage large-scale, multidisciplinary or interdisciplinary projects.
As a result of Forsyth's culture of challenge, our graduates are:
- Curious—they ask questions and take initiative
- Confident—they set goals and high expectations for themselves
- Willing to take risks, try new things, and try again
- Resilient—they can overcome obstacles and cope with setbacks
- Joyful—they delight in learning, encourage others, and celebrate accomplishments